George C. Stewart and Peter S. Stewart formed the firm of Stewart and Stewart in 1982 and have practised together since that time. Lindsey Louro joined the firm on March 16, 2012.
George C. Stewart
- George obtained his BA and LLB from the University of Alberta, graduating in 1969. George was admitted to the Law Society of Alberta in 1970 and joined the law firm of Skene & Gorman.
- George's areas of practice are: General litigation, Wills and Estates Administration, Personal Injury, non-contentious Family Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Conveyancing, and Commercial Law.
- George enjoys hiking, snowshoeing, and sea kayaking. He is also proud to be associated with a family who has practised law in Calgary for many decades. George also enjoys his role as a member of the Appeal Tribunal for the International Gymnastic Federation.
Peter S. Stewart
- Peter obtained his BA and LLB from the University of Alberta, graduating in 1973. Peter was admitted to the Law Society of Alberta in 1974 and joined the law firm of Skene, Gorman & Stewart.
- Peter's areas of practice are: Residential Real Estate Conveyancing, Private Corporations, and Wills and Estates Administration.
- Peter enjoys being surrounded by Nature and the forest. He is a keen meditator and is interested in exploring spirituality and how it impacts our ability to function in the material world. Peter also enjoys classical music; in particular, practising the piano.
- Lindsey received her BA in History from the University of Calgary and her LLB from Aberystwyth, University of Wales. She also successfully completed her accreditation under the National Committee of Accreditation and finished her articling at Stewart and Stewart. She was called to the bar on March 16, 2012. Lindsey is presently working on completing a two year Diploma through STEP Canada (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) to expand her knowledge of Trusts and Estates. She is also on the executive for the Residential Real Estate South Alberta Sub-Section and the Wills and Estates Alberta Sub-Section through the Canadian Bar Association.
- Lindsey's areas of practice are: Real Estate Conveyancing, Wills and Estates Administration, Severance Reviews, Non-Contentious Family Law, and Corporate Law for Private Corporations.
- Lindsey loves reading, cycling, running, swimming, and yoga. She loves to spend weekends with her family and is a proud member of the Council of Champions for the Calgary Public Library and the Calgary branch of the Jane Austen Society of North America.